Confirmed Schedule of Events & Sponsors for the 14th Annual Juneteenth NY Celebration 2023...
- New York City's Premier Three-Day Celebration Showcasing the Abundant History and Impact of African Americans Returns to Brooklyn, NY June 16-18.
- Participating Partners for the Juneteenth NY Celebration include Airbnb, Atlantic Terminal Mall, Black Restaurant Coalition, Brooklyn Nets, Brooklyn Navy Yard, The Drivers Cooperative, The Home Depot Foundation, Liberty Coca-Cola Beverages, New York Liberty, NY State of Health, PacSun and Visa
- Official Media Broadcast Partner is WABC-TV, the #1 Station in New York and the Most Watched Local Station in the Country
NEW YORK, June 5, 2023 (Newswire.com) - The 14th Annual Juneteenth NY Celebration - one of New York City's premier and largest annual events commemorating the federally-recognized holiday - is quickly approaching for an exciting and action-packed three-day celebration, kicking off virtually and in-person on Friday, June 16th through June 18th from the epicenter of Black culture and community in Brooklyn, NY.
Juneteenth NY Celebration 2023 is proud to announce their exciting partners and sponsors, both nationally and locally recognized brands, who join in solidarity for the continued efforts to bring awareness and visibility to such an important holiday for Black culture. Juneteenth NY organizers and board would like to thank New York City Mayor Eric L. Adams and his Community Affairs Unit for their assistance and partnership this year. For the entire weekend, transportation to and from all events will be sponsored by our exclusive transportation partner, The Drivers Cooperative (download the app here). Additionally, the Black Restaurant Coalition will be providing food and beverage specials all weekend with special pricing to commemorate the Juneteenth holiday. As previously announced, the official media broadcast partner for the Juneteenth NY Celebration is WABC-TV, the #1 station in New York and the most-watched local station in the country, which includes station-wide media coverage on linear, digital and social platforms.
The Juneteenth NY Celebration was created to empower the Black community, advance the economic and cultural arts in underserved areas, as well as champion small, Black-owned businesses. And this year's sponsors are continuing to enhance the work being done in and around the Black communities in the area and throughout the country. Attendees of the festive three-day celebration will experience the best in Black culture and community with live performances, exhibitions, authentic local cuisine, wellness and other family fun activities. Over the past 14 years, Juneteenth NY has grown and expanded exponentially from a local gathering to a nationally recognized event with this year's attendees expected to reach over 37,000+.
2023 Juneteenth NY Schedule of Events: Friday, June 16th (Day 1)
● Juneteenth NY Celebration will begin the three-day festivities with a free virtual summit from 9am-6pm with topics and conversations from world-class leaders ranging from education and entertainment to healthcare and financial literacy. To register for the free virtual summit, please visit here.
● The Celebration of Black Kings Awards Reception, a private event, will be held at the illustrious Brooklyn Navy Yard. During the annual celebration, Juneteenth NY will honor 28 influential male leaders that have made a significant impact in the New York community through their personal and professional endeavors. Hosted by WABC-7 Anthony Johnson, the signature event will feature honorees, musical performances and much more. The Celebration of Black Kings Awards Reception tickets are 2 for $125, please visit here to purchase tickets. All proceeds will go toward the Destiny Helpers Outreach Inc.
Saturday, June 17th (Day 2)
● The annual Juneteenth Family Fun Day Festival is on Saturday at Linden Park/Gershwin Park in Brooklyn, NY, where locals to the NYC community will gather to enjoy a vibrant day of rich culture through music, dance, poetry, skits, local vendors and fun for the entire family! Our official sports partners, the Brooklyn Nets and New York Liberty, will provide kids' basketball clinics and include performances from their professional dance teams. To register for the Family Fun Day, please visit here.
Sunday, June 18th (Day 3)
● On Sunday, the free Grand Finale Rally and Concert will begin at 9am at the Grand Army Plaza entrance of Prospect Park in Brooklyn, NY, where community members, local businesspeople and more will march towards the main stage with a local marching band to deliver engaging speeches, including New York City Council Member Farah N. Louis and Jump-In Enrichment as well as Sean Williams, CEO of Dad Gang. Juneteenth NY Concert will start at 12pm at the Nethermead area. An anticipated 15,000+ attendees will enjoy musical performances, a fashion show, food trucks, field day and so much more family fun. To register for the Family Fun Day, please visit here.
Connect with us on Instagram: @JuneteenthNY; TikTok: @JuneteenthNY; Facebook: Juneteenth Family Day
For those interested in sponsoring Juneteenth NYC, please email [email protected].
Juneteenth - also known as "Juneteenth Independence Day" or "Freedom Day" - is a holiday that commemorates the June 19, 1865, announcement of the abolition of slavery in Galveston, Texas, and, more generally, the emancipation of African American slaves throughout the Confederate South. The state official celebration is generally celebrated on June 19th and is now recognized as a national holiday. Juneteenth symbolically serves as a reference point from which to measure and appreciate the progress and contributions made by African Americans to society.
About Juneteenth NY Celebration
Now in its 14th year, the Juneteenth NY Celebration is one of the longest-running events commemorating Juneteenth and the preeminent celebration of the holiday in the Tri-State area. Located in Brooklyn, the first Juneteenth NY Celebration was held in East New York and hosted by George Walker Jr. in 2009 with Umoja Events entrusted to carry on the Celebration in 2011. The Celebration was designed to celebrate and empower the Black community. Each year features a theme that seeks to educate the Black community on its history while also changing the narrative of the devastating impact of slavery.
About WABC-TV New York
WABC-TV has been the leader in local news and entertainment programming in the New York City area for more than 61 years. Producing more than 45 hours of live, local news and weather each week, Channel 7 "Eyewitness News" is the most-watched local news in New York and the United States. WABC-TV also produces "Live with Kelly and Ryan," weekdays at 9:00 a.m., which is seen in more than 200 markets across the U.S. Quality news and programming, cutting-edge technology and ongoing community outreach are the hallmarks of excellence that have consistently kept WABC-TV New York's No. 1 station and the most-watched television station in the nation.
Instagram: @ABC7NY; Twitter: @ABC7NY; Facebook: ABC7NY
FINAL - Juneteenth NY Festival 2023 2nd Press Release 6.5.23 (1).pdf
Original Source: Confirmed Schedule of Events & Sponsors for the 14th Annual Juneteenth NY Celebration 2023 'Kaleidoscope of Black Culture'
Safety Training Seminars Opens a New CPR & First-Aid Training School in Santa Cruz,...
CPR Classes in Santa Cruz
BLS Renewal Courses in Santa Cruz, CA
SANTA CRUZ, Calif., June 5, 2023 (Newswire.com) - Safety Training Seminars, an official American Heart Association© (AHA) Training Center in California, has opened a new training center in Santa Cruz, CA. The Santa Cruz CPR training center is located at 1515 Capitola Road, Suite G, Santa Cruz, CA 95062. The location serves professionals in Santa Cruz, Soquel, & Watsonville seeking lifesaving training programs and offers a flexible schedule of daily classes to meet the needs of busy professionals.
Safety Training Seminars' training programs in Santa Cruz include new and renewal certification courses in CPR, BLS, ACLS, and PALS. Each class offers a flexible blend of online learning components and on-site skills testing. All courses are AHA compliant and result in initial or renewal certification.
ACLS Renewal courses offer initial and renewal certification in Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support. Attendees learn about continuous, high-quality CPR and how to administer it correctly. The program is designed for professionals responding to cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies.
CPR & First-aid classes are designed for a wide variety of participants who may respond to emergencies, including teachers, babysitters, grandparents, supervisors, and others. Students learn proper CPR for infants, children, and adults. The courses lead to initial or renewal certification. The course covers choke saving, AED use, bleeding treatment, seizures, EpiPen® administration, burn treatment, and more.
BLS CPR Provider Heartcode courses are offered for new or renewal certification. They help attendees identify and respond to life-threatening emergencies, properly administer chest compressions, perform ventilation, and use AEDs.
PALS Courses are designed for those working in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care, and critical care units. Each course is designed to meet the criteria for initial or renewal certification. Pediatric Advanced Life Support courses help attendees recognize emergencies and administer lifesaving treatments in infants and children.
"An emergency situation can arise at any time, and our goal is to equip as many Californians as possible with the lifesaving skills and confidence to react when seconds count," said Laura Seidel, owner of Safety Training Seminars.
Safety Training Seminars has provided crucial courses for certification and lifesaving training since 1989. The woman-owned company offers certification classes in CPR, First Aid, BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP, and EMSA Childcare. With over 40 locations across Northern California, Safety Training Seminars provides affordable, flexible training in welcoming classrooms furnished with the most up-to-date training resources and equipment. To learn more about Safety Training Seminars and its locations across Northern California, visit www.bayareacpr.org.Contact Information:
Original Source: Safety Training Seminars Opens a New CPR & First-Aid Training School in Santa Cruz, CA
Kidoodle.TV Kicks Off the Summer With Its ‘SUMMER SPOTLIGHT’ Series for Kids and Parents...
CALGARY, Alberta, June 5, 2023 (Newswire.com) - In an effort to combat screen time concerns in many households during the summer break, Kidoodle.TV is bringing families its "Summer Spotlight" series. The Top Ten list will help kids and parents connect this summer with a best-in-class curation of content that is educational, entertaining, and craft-driven, providing interactive activities that offer great opportunities for families into summer.
"Kidoodle.TV has always put families first," said Brenda Bisner, Chief Content Officer at A Parent Media Co., Inc., the owners of the Safe Streaming service for kids and families globally. "Every single second of content is reviewed by real humans, and this offering for our "Summer Spotlight" series will showcase some great co-viewing favorites that are fun for everyone and give experiential ways to learn and play together as a family."
As part of the "Summer Spotlight" series this year, we feature "Happy Camper Live," the wildly popular show that comes to us direct from a great real-life camp, allowing for kids and families to experience summer camp from their home, with counselors teaching arts and crafts, sports and fun and games to kids.
"We are thrilled to introduce Happy Camper Live's series: 365 Days of Camp, bringing the classic summer camp experience directly to families worldwide through KidoodleTV," says Allison Miller, founder of HappyCamperLive.com. "It's an honor to be included in the Summer Spotlight." With real counselors and coaches, kids can experience hundreds of activities like arts and crafts, sports, magic, cooking, theater and much more from anywhere.
Miller brings her 25-year veteran camp director experience and passion to this new series, providing kids with the opportunity to explore and develop their passions through the fun and creativity of summer camp throughout the year.
Happy Camper Live and the whole Summer Spotlight series will launch on Kidoodle.TV's FAST channels and as a category on its streaming service on June 5.
Kidoodle's Top Ten Summer Shows include:
- Happy Camper Live: 365 Days of Camp - Bringing the magic of summer camp right to you, this show offers hundreds of activities to try and helps kids feel what it's like to go to camp with friends.
- 5-Minute Crafts - Every episode of 5-minute Crafts provides dozens of helpful ideas for craft projects that empower families to solve everyday problems with creative, simple solutions.
- GrooveOn1 - GrooveOn1 is a dance show that lets you learn new dance moves, or just sit back and enjoy. Let Ryan, Taylor and Reese walk you through the steps of urban dance styles, and then join in with them!
- Junk Drawer Magic - Fun co-hosts Akira and Walker teach you how to make and perform amazing magic tricks with just the ordinary objects you find in that kitchen junk drawer.
- Life Hacks for Kids - Kids teach kids how to use ordinary things you have at home to decorate a room, make old clothes new again, and much more in this clever, crafty show.
- Danny Go! - With a mix of music, silliness and learning, this show helps children become confident in their creativity.
- KIDZ BOP - KIDZ BOP, the biggest name in pop music for kids, features today's biggest hits "sung by kids for kids" in short videos that will get kids and parents up and dancing and singing along.
- The Great Wolf Pack - This group of animated forest friends is always ready to help those in need, no matter how swampy, snowy, or scary the adventures become.
- Guinness World Records - With this series of short videos, let certified world record holders teach you how to do fun tricks, from yo-yos to juggling to bottle-flipping and more.
- ChefClub Kids - Help your kids learn to love cooking with a show about experimenting with new flavors, and making yummy foods.
Kidoodle.TV is available in more than 160 countries and territories and is accessible on more than 1,000 devices. Kidoodle.TV does not collect any personally identifiable information from any child and is a recipient of the kidSAFE+ COPPA Seal. Kidoodle.TV is the winner of the Mom's Choice Award, Parent Tested, Parent Approved Award, Best Mobile App Award, and Stevie Award (Family & Kids category).
Join the Kidoodle.TV Safe Streaming™ family on kidoodle.tv, or download the app and start watching for free today.
About APMC and Kidoodle.TV®
Kidoodle.TV® is a family-focused Safe Streaming™ service committed to ensuring children have a safe alternative to stream their favorite TV shows and movies. Available in over 160 countries and territories on thousands of connected devices, Kidoodle.TV provides peace of mind with every show available on Kidoodle.TV strictly vetted by caring people committed to Safe and Free Streaming for Kids™. Kidoodle.TV is available on iOS, Android, Apple TV, Fire TV, LG, Samsung, VIDAA-enabled Hisense TVs, Chromecast, Roku, Vizio SmartCast, Amazon, Jio, Xfinity X1, Connected TVs, HTML5 Web, and many other streaming media devices. Kidoodle.TV is owned and operated by A Parent Media Co. Inc., a family-based company. Kidoodle.TV is certified by the kidSAFE® Seal Program and is the proud recipient of the Mom's Choice Award®, a Stevie® Award, platinum winner of the Best Mobile App Award, and Parents' Picks Award - Best Elementary Products. Visit www.kidoodle.tv to learn more. *Content availability varies by location.
Original Source: Kidoodle.TV Kicks Off the Summer With Its 'SUMMER SPOTLIGHT' Series for Kids and Parents While School's Out
The Good Dog Foundation to Ring NYSE Closing Bell
NEW YORK, June 2, 2023 (Newswire.com) - The Good Dog Foundation, a non-profit dedicated to training and deploying therapy dogs to help adults and children recover from stress, trauma, and disease, today announced that Rachel McPherson, Founder, along with two therapy dogs - Magnus and Atticus - will ring the closing bell at the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) today, Friday, June 2, 2023, at 4:00 p.m. ET.
"At The Good Dog Foundation, we believe in the healing power of the human-animal bond. Therapy dogs, when trained properly, offer uniquely effective nonverbal, nonjudgmental support for those in need of stress relief, morale boosting, or emotional healing," said Rachel McPherson, Founder of The Good Dog Foundation. "Ringing the closing bell at NYSE is a wonderful way to honor our 25th year and reflect on the meaningful work our therapy dogs have done. I am so proud of The Good Dog Foundation and the thousands of therapy dogs and their owners who are making a difference in lives every day."
About The Good Dog Foundation
For 25 years, The Good Dog Foundation has trained and deployed thousands of therapy dogs to help adults and children recover from stress, trauma and disease or cope with disabilities and learning issues. Founded on the belief in the healing power of the dog to human connection, Good Dogs have provided services to hospitals, colleges, nursing homes, disaster relief efforts as well as corporate partners. Learn more at https://thegooddogfoundation.org.Contact Information:
Executive Vice President, The Good Dog Foundation
Original Source: The Good Dog Foundation to Ring NYSE Closing Bell
Hard Asset Management Puts a Strong Buy on All Varieties of $4 US Rare...
The 2023 Global Healing Festival by Embodied Black Girl Returns, Disrupting Grind Culture and...
BROOKLYN, N.Y., June 1, 2023 (Newswire.com) - The Global Healing Festival by Embodied Black Girl returns for its fourth annual festival on June 9, 2023. The festival is the first of its kind and nourishes the healing and liberation of Black women and women of color while enlivening culture change and making wellness, somatics and mental health more accessible to the communities that need it most.
Every year the free grassroots virtual festival attracts thousands of participants around the world, primarily through word of mouth.
Curated by the global wellness and leadership education platform, Embodied Black Girl, the day-long online, interactive and immersive festival experience, includes in-depth workshops and thought-provoking conversations with today's leading visionary cultural shapers.
This year's theme, The Future is Embodied: The Rest-volution, is an invitation to enter the dream space and leave grind culture behind. In spite of the grim statistics and policies that impact Black women in particular, we root for a vision of joy, hope and self-determination.
In keeping this festival free through the years, our hope is to make wellness, somatics and mental health more accessible to Black women and folks of color and, in turn, create a world where we are seen, held and empowered. In this space, rest is life and our bodies transform into revolutionary portals and oracles for liberation.
The festival will be hosted by Embodied Black Girl founder Thérèse Cator, who'll be joined by honored guests:
- Tricia Hersey, founder of The Nap Ministry and NYT Bestselling Author of Rest is Resistance
- Dr. Jennifer Mullan, founder of Decolonizing Therapy and author of the forthcoming book Decolonizing Therapy: Oppression, Historical Trauma and Politicizing Your Practice (W. W. Norton & Company)
- Tigidankay "TK" Saccoh, founder of The Darkest Hue, a digital platform that centers the experiences and perspectives of dark-skinned Black girls, women, and femmes
- Natalee Facey, Resilience Coach and Birth Doula
The festival will explore questions like…
- How does rest support our individual and collective liberation?
- How can we move beyond a cognitive understanding of rest to an embodied knowing of rest?
- How can we foster deeper embodiment while having difficult and necessary conversations within our family and communities?
- What dreams are we here to birth and nurture that will support personal and communal thriving?
For more information and to register to attend, please visit https://embodiedblackgirl.com/ghf-2023/.Contact Information:
Original Source: The 2023 Global Healing Festival by Embodied Black Girl Returns, Disrupting Grind Culture and Centering Rest