Luxury French expedition line Ponant has revealed a big increase in its capacity in Australia with voyages in Western Australia, South Australia, Tasmania, New South Wales and Queensland.
The eight new itineraries scheduled for later this year, can be sailed back to back and will include visits to places like Dirk Hartog Island, Shark Bay and the Abrolhos Islands.
Guests will experience Australia’s ancient cultures stretching back some 40,000 years or more, see the petroglyphs of Murujuga (Dampier archipelago) the largest, densest and most diverse collections of rock art in the world and much more.
“Visits to Port Lincoln, regarded as Australia’s seafood capital, famed for its abalone, tuna, lobsters and oysters, exploring the acclaimed wineries of McLaren Vale, or enjoying the award winning wines and cheeses of Tasmania’s Tamar Valley will complement the fine world class cuisine and inclusive wines that showcase PONANT’s relaxed yet luxurious French ambiance on board,” said Deb Corbett, Ponant’s General Manager Sales & Marketing Asia Pacific
“Sales are now open, however I recommend interested parties contact their travel agents or Ponant as soon as possible to secure space as we have already received an extraordinary response from people earlier registering expressions of interest for ‘at home’ voyages. Acting promptly”, urges Deb, “will secure access to the widest range of available accommodation on each of the eight differing itineraries as well as the highest Ponant Bonus advance purchase incentive – currently as much as 30% savings.”
The line’s expedition leader and marine biologist Mick Fogg will be onboard some of these expeditions and will show guests some of Australia’s wonderful wildlife.
“Most people don’t realise that 45% of our birds, 83% of our mammals and more than 90% of our amphibians, reptiles and fish are only found in Australia, that makes us pretty unique. Add to that the age of the landscape, diversity of habitats and the world’s oldest continuing culture and you have the perfect recipe for creating remarkable immersive experiences as encapsulated in this collection of voyages,” said Mr Fogg.
Overview of the eight new itineraries:
- Jewels of the West Coast – Broome to Fremantle / 22 September 2021 / 10 nights / Le Soléal / Highlights include Rowley Shoals, Montebello Islands, Ningaloo and Shark Bay. From $8,430 per person in a Deluxe Stateroom.
- Highlights of South Western Australia / Fremantle – Fremantle 2 October 2021 / 8 nights / Le Soléal / Highlights include Albany, Esperance, the Recherche Archipelago and Busselton. From $6,630 per person in a Deluxe Stateroom.
- Australia’s West Coast / Fremantle – Fremantle / 10 October 2021 / 7 nights / Le Soléal / Highlights include Shark Bay, Dirk Hartog Island, Abrolhos Islands and Jurien Bay. From $5,800 per person in a Deluxe Stateroom.
- Along Australia’s South Coast / Fremantle – Hobart / 17 October 2021 / 13 nights / Le Soléal / Highlights include Esperance, Recherche Archipelago, King Island and Port Lincoln. From $10,780 per person in a Deluxe Stateroom.
- Tasmania Circumnavigation / Hobart – Hobart / 30 October 2021 AND 8 November 21 / 9 nights / Le Soléal / Highlights include Port Davey, Maria Island, Tamar Valley and Albatross Island. From $7,480 per person in a Deluxe Stateroom.
- Queensland’s Islands & Reefs / Cairns – Brisbane / 8 December 2021 / 7 nights / Le Lapérouse / Highlights include Willis Island, Percy islands, Hardy Reef, Lady Musgrave Island. From $4,670 per person in a Deluxe Stateroom.
- Highlights of Australia’s East Coast / Brisbane – Hobart / 15 December 2021 / 15 nights / Le Lapérouse / Highlights include Hawkesbury River, Eden, Maria Island, Fortescue Bay. From $5,330 per person in a Deluxe Stateroom.
- Food, Wine & Yacht Race in Tasmania / Hobart – Hobart / 23 December 2021 / 10 nights / Le Lapérouse / Highlights include Maria Island, Ile des Phoques, the Tamar Valley, King Island, Hobart(Sydney to Hobart Race arrival + NYE celebrations). From $8,290 per person in a Deluxe Stateroom.
Settle in for a luxury voyage as you sail from Sydney to Singapore on board Cunard’s elegant Queen Elizabeth.
Free flight and hotel stay
In Sydney, you’ll embark the exquisite Queen Elizabeth. Stunning accommodation and the most exceptional fine dining you’ll ever experience at sea are just some of this ship’s glamorous delights. Settle into your luxury surroundings as you set sail for Singapore, discovering a wealth of captivating destinations along the way.